As promised, I have some more information on our Summer Mystery that starts this Friday. But first, a Porch Sale update...
As I was sorting through the hundreds of bolts on sale for the BIG sale, I noticed we've got several bolts of Jo Morton fabric on sale at 50% off!! If you're a Jo Morton fabric lover, don't miss this chance to get some of her great fabric ... at a great price! Also, we've got a handful of batiks also on sale -- I can't remember the last time we had batiks on the Porch Sale, so look for 'em when you stop by either shop.
Okay, now for the Summer Mystery Quilt info. As you know, I can't tell you alot because (duh...) it's a mystery!! But here's what I can tell you ...
* It's a six part series by our good buddy, Debbie Caffrey.
* It's name is the Country Sampler's Summer Mystery Quilt 2015. Yup, really... that's it's official name.
* It takes just four fabrics ... a light, a medium light, a medium dark, and a dark. 1 1/2 yds, 1 1/2 yds, 2 3/4 yds, and 3 yards.
* When finished without the optional border, the quilt is a twin size - 67 1/2" by 84". Adding a border will make a full to queen size quilt.
* As always, the most important thing to remember when selecting fabric is contrast. All four fabrics should have a definite difference in value and/or color in order for the pattern to emerge.
All the staff here at both Country Samplers have seen the finished quilt pattern, so be sure and let us give you a helping hand when you're selecting fabric. We can help you get the right contrast and colors.
And, boy oh boy, Edith, you're gonna love this one!! If I wasn't sewing a bizzilion models for Christmas in July, I'd make this one - it's gor-ge-ous!!
And BIG NEWS, if you don't live near us and are unable to get the mystery quilt in the shops ... for the first time in Country Sampler history... you can give us a call and have the mystery pattern sent to you for just $10.00!! (Trumpets blow here.) We'll send out each step as it comes out in the shops and you can play along with us this summer! Fun, huh?
Heck, ask us to pick out your fabric while your calling - and, for letting us pick your fabric out sight unseen - I'll give you 10% off your entire fabric purchase! (More trumpets!!) We can pick out the perfect quilt .... just let us know if you have a particuliar colorway you're interested in and we'll pull it together and send it right out to you!
It's gonna be a great summer!!